Thursday 15 November 2012

Abstract Ocean Painting (Seascape) - The Red Sea

The Red Sea
12x24 inches, acrylic on canvas

This abstract ocean painting (seascape), The Red Sea, was one of those paintings that just came out of nowhere.  Sometimes I get an idea for a composition and if I have a canvas in the right size already prepped, there is little time for hesitation.  I just grab it and go.

Sometimes I find the most interesting works of art manifests in this way.  

I have been very drawn to passionate colours of late, hot pinks and oranges, fuschias and dark purples.  So those are the colours that find their way onto my palette and onto canvas.  It's irrelevant to me that the sea is a lovely bright magenta.  Any true expressionist would say, 'This is how I felt when I was painting.'  An interesting concept.  I didn't exactly feel magenta.  But it does make an interesting colour sea.


This painting has been sold.  To see available paintings,
please vist my Etsy shop:




Thanks for stopping by!   

No comments:

Post a Comment